The sailing company
The tradition of sailing regattas in Sanremo dates back to the early 1900s. Between 1902 and 1912 the city of flowers hosted the Cups of Italy and in 1903 that of France. The sailing regattas that departed from Sanremo were once greeted at the start by a cannon. When the Compagnia della Velawas established in 1920 it involved all the fans of this sport, regardless of their profession or social background.
The headquarters of the Yacht Club, complete with docks for the mooring of members, locker rooms, classrooms for theory lessons and recreational areas, is located on the North Pier of Porto Vecchio, the true heart of the city of flowers. Today visitors enter the Club by climbing the steps of the royal staircase of the 1927 Augustus motor-ship, an unmissable place and one of the cornerstones of the city, which has been organizing many world, European and Italian championships for years.
The Yacht Club Sanremo has promoted sailing for 70 years, and in particular teaching the sport to young people. The head office is in the Old Port of Sanremo, close to the beaches and in the heart of the city, equipped with every comfort, including a restaurant reserved for members, sailing classrooms, a gym, changing rooms and a nautical base. The sailing school is managed with the help of national instructors who are mainly involved in teaching the sport of sailing and improving the technique of people who already practice it.